Sunday, May 31, 2009

Snapshots of Arusha

Welcome to Arusha, Tanzania! I've been in Arusha for approximately 3 and half weeks now and am slowly settling in. The settling in process has actually taken quite awhile, in part because I have spent most of my time here working. The other problem is that, while I have found a place to live, I can't move in until June 9th. Consequently, I'm still living out a suitcase.

For these reasons, I don't have much to say about Arusha yet. Nevertheless, I thought I would take this opportunity to share a few photos. Enjoy!


The picture below depicts a fruit and vegetable stand on the side of the Old Moshi Road.


This is a picture of Mt. Meru from the air. The city of Arusha sits at the foot ot Mt. Meru, Kilimanjaro's little brother or sister. In fact, when I flew into Arusha from Nairobi, we flew right between Kilimanjaro and Meru. I saw the last snows of Kilimanjaro. They are as pathetic as they're described in discussions of global warming. Mt. Meru has no visible snow or ice on it at all.



This is the East African Hotel, where I spent my first 5 or 6 nights in Arusha.



Yesterday, I joined a couple of new friends for a leisurely hike around the foothills of Mt. Meru. The following are a few shots from that walk.





Kids are the same everywhere. These kids were very happy to have their pictures taken. I love how excited the kids here get when you show them photos of themselves and their friends. Digital cameras are awesome!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home