Wednesday, December 13, 2006



Hi all. Today I have decided to diverge a little bit from the usual subject of this blog and post some photographs taken before I arrived in Eritrea. I am not going to write much. This post is really just about sharing a few pictures

In September, before getting on a plane to Asmara, I spent several days at one of the other ends of the earth: the Yukon Territory in Canada. More isolated than any country in Africa, the Yukon Territory covers over 482,000 square kilometers but has a population of only 31,500 people, over 23,000 of whom live in Whitehorse.


My friend Callie and I spent about three days in the Yukon Territory during our drive from Anchorage, Alaska to Sacramento, California. These pictures were taken during the drive. In addition to some amazing scenery, we saw three bears, caribou, bison, a lynx, and several swans.


For those who are just dying to hear more about Eritrea, I have a number of posts in the works. Aaron, I will get to the food as soon as I get some pictures. If you've never had injera before, it's difficult to expain without a visual aid. (Americans have had the reverse problem trying to explain tortillas to Eritreans.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home