Sunday, September 16, 2007

Hilarious!!

I know I'm supposed to be on to Sudan now, but Eritrea continues to fascinate me. Check out this article by my friend Jack in Asmara. I know most of you aren't really going to understand why I find this so funny, but it's worth reading, even if you don't get the humor.

http://www.reuters.com/article/reutersEdge/idUSL1548256820070916?pageNumber=1

Also, for some reason I love that the photo for this is just a picture of Jack. I also suspect that this was taken from the other foreign journalist's apartment.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Um...sorry, but I don't get it. I find it ironic that Asmara was built by and now seems to be built for rebels, but don't see the humor. Thanks for sharing though!

8:04 AM  
Blogger Hillary said...

The humor actually has nothing to do with the rebels but to the way Jack sort of alludes to his own life in the article. For example, his "motorbike" is sort of a motorized bicycle, which is technically built so that you can pedal it as well as use the motor. Except Jack can only seem to keep one on the thing at a time. And "the chariot," as it is affectionately known, can't seem to go more than a week without a trip to the shop. Jack also mentions "sipping anis-flavored liquor." There are other things in there as well, but I won't get into that now...

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home