Sunday, January 20, 2008

ARGH!!!

So I just learned that I missed George Clooney!! On Thursday afternoon, some friends and I discussed going to the pool at the German Club on Friday (the equivalent of Saturday in Sudan). This is a pretty common weekend activity for ex-pats in Khartoum. But we didn't end up going. Instead, I spent most of the day lying around my house. And this morning I learned that George Clooney was there on Friday!!! I knew he was going to be in Khartoum/Sudan this week, but I did not realize I might see him there! Regrets! Regrets! (Then again, I'm not sure I really would have wanted to meet George Clooney in my bikini...)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger 112233 said...

You're worried about GEORGE CLOONEY?!

Girl, you are too American. Look at what's around you!

I am sad we didn't get to speak while you were here. When are you here next?

7:01 PM  
Blogger Hillary said...

You have to understand...there just really isn't much excitement in Khartoum. (Although we have had a couple of demonstrations outside UNDP this week...Something about Palestine and Israel blockading shipments. Too bad I don't speak Arabic!)

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home